IMPORTANT: Before you begin to use HCP Data, please review the set of available HCP Data Use Terms, and follow the steps to accept the terms that apply to your research.
The 1200 Subjects Release (S1200) includes behavioral and 3T MR imaging data from 1206 healthy young adult participants (1113 with structural MR scans) collected in 2012-2015. In addition to 3T MR scans, 184 subjects have multimodal 7T MRI scan data and 95 subjects also have some resting-state MEG (rMEG) and/or task MEG (tMEG) data available. For the first time, 3T MRI and behavioral retest data for 46 subjects is also available.
Highlights of the 1200 Subjects Data Release:
- All released 3T Diffusion data on all HCP subjects re-preprocessed with updated diffusion preprocessing pipeline. All 3T diffusion data was re-processed using a new v3.19.0 version of the diffusion pipeline that incorporates an updated version of FSL’s EDDY that significantly improves slice outlier detection to remove noise caused by subject movement. Therefore, diffusion data from previous releases should not be mixed in analyses with the “cleaner” dMRI data now available in the S1200 release.
- Addition of 3T Retest Data. Subjects were recruited to undergo the full 3T HCP imaging and behavioral protocol for a second time. Behavioral and 3T Retest imaging data is available on 46 and 45 of these subjects, respectively. Retest datasets are available in the WU-Minn HCP Retest Data project on the ConnectomeDB splashpage. 7T data is available on 22 Retest subjects.
- Addition of preprocessed 7T Diffusion data. Only unprocessed Diffusion data was released as part of the Initial 7T Release (June 2016). For all 7T subjects with dMRI scans, 7T dMRI data preprocessed v3.19.0 version of the diffusion pipeline is now available.
- Resting State Stats added to 7T rfMRI ICA-FIX cleaned datasets. Resting state stats were not available as part of the 7T rfMRI ICA-FIX Extended packages of the Initial 7T Release (June 2016). These files provide information about different types of ’noise’ and ’signal’ in HCP resting state data, gleaned by partitioning the variance according to different processing stages in the FIX denoising pipeline.
- Genetically verified family structure measures. We have updated restricted data measures for Mother_ID, Father_ID and ZygosityGT based on genotyping data available from bood and saliva samples from HCP subjects. For some subjects, these genetically verified values for these measures have changed from what they were in previous releases. Notably, 36 HCP twin pairs that who self reported (now the ZygositySR measure) as dizygotic twins were found to be genetically monozygotic.
- QC_Issue measure added. A subject data measure has been added to ConnectomeDB to flag subjects with notable brain anatomical, processing, or data noise issues found in the HCP Quality Control process. The issues are notable, but were not considered severe enough to exclude the subject's imaging data from release. Codes for each issue included are detailed in "Subjects with Issues noted in the HCP quality control process" and more specific information on the these subjects is available on the HCP QC Issues wiki page.
- Genetic data on all HCP subjects. Genome-wide Association Study (GWAS) analyzed data for all HCP subjects with useable blood or saliva-based genetic material will be deposited and available on NIH’s dbGaP in March/April 2017. We processed samples using the Illumina Mega Chip (has 2 million multiethnic single nucleotide polymorphisms [SNPs]), plus three specialized Illumina chips to look for SNPs particularly relevant to neuroimaging studies: Psych chip, NeuroX chip, and Immunochip.
- Updated MSM-All-registered group-average rfMRI dense connectivity data. Group-average rfMRI dense connectivity data for a 1000+ group of S1200 subjects with complete rfMRI data is planned to be available in late spring 2017.
- Updated MSM-Sulc and MSM-All-registered group-average tfMRI data. For all S1200 subjects with complete tfMRI data, we will release a Connectome Workbench-compatible dataset in late spring 2017 that will include group-averages for both MSM-Sulc and MSM-All registered tfMRI data.
- Updated parcellation, timecourse, and netmap (PTN) data for all S1200 subjects with complete rfMRI data. Updated PTN data for a 1000+ group of S1200 subjects is planned to be available in late spring 2017.
IMPORTANT: Subject 142626 removed from ConnectomeDB.
We found that subject 142626, released in the 500 Subjects Release (June 2014), has the same identity as another subject in the HCP study. Thus, we have removed all data for subject 142626 from ConnectomeDB. For any ongoing analyses, we recommend that if possible you exclude subject 142626 from your analyses.
We are not removing the duplicate subject’s dataset, which is comparable in quality to other released subjects, from ConnectomeDB or from ongoing HCP analyses. However, for reasons of confidentiality, we are electing to not reveal the subject number for the duplicate subject. If the subject number of the duplicate subject is found by other investigators using HCP data, we request that you to keep this information confidential.
Please check on our Known Issues and Planned Fixes page on the HCP Wiki for up-to-date information on data releases.