Project Overview & Components
Data being collected
Imaging is conducted at multiple sites in two cities. In Boston: Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess-Massachusetts Mental Health Center, McLean Hospital, and Massachusetts General Hospital. In Indianapolis, IN: Indiana University School of Medicine. All sites are using a 3T Siemens Prisma MR scanner.
- Standard HCP Demographics
- sMRI: T1w (MPRAGE) and T2w (SPACE) - 0.8mm isotropic resolution.
- fMRI: 4 resting state fMRI scans - 420 measurements, 2mm isotropic resolution, multiband (MB) factor of 8, TR 800ms, 420 measurements - 2 scans acquired with AP and 2 with PA phase encoding.
- dMRI: 4 diffusion MRI scans - 1.5mm isotropic, MB acceleration factor of 4, 92 directions in each shell (b=1500 and 3000) acquired twice: once with AP and once with PA phase encoding.
- Clinical / Behavioral: NIH Toolbox measures; Delay discounting and Penn Emotion recognition; Parental Socioeconomic Status using the Hollingshead Four-Factor Scale; Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-V-RV; Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale; Clinical Assessment Interview for Negative Symptoms; Young Mania Rating Scale; Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale; MIRECC Global Assessment of Functioning; antipsychotic medication dosage as CPZ equivalents; WASI-II; Seidman Auditory Continuous Performance Test.
- Blood: Blood will be drawn and shipped to the Rutgers University Cell & DNA Repository (RUCDR), where it will be made available to qualified researchers for future genetic analyses adhering to the NIH Genomic Data Sharing (GDS) Policy.
The study includes 320 male or female outpatients, between the ages of 16 to 35 years of age, within 3 years of onset of initial psychotic symptoms, and 80 controls.
Data Release Plans
An early release is planned for Year 2 of the project. The other two releases will be in Years 3 and 4.
Early Psychosis; Schizophrenia; Bipolar Disorder; Affective Psychosis; Non-Affective Psychosis; Anxiety; Mental Depression; Mood Disorders; White Matter