Project Overview & Components
Data being collected
Participants will be evaluated at the University of Southern California during one visit.
- Standard HCP demographics.
- Imaging: MR data collection will be conducted on a 3T Siemens Prisma. The imaging modalities include structural, functional (both resting state and task), and diffusion. The HCP LifeSpan protocol has been augmented with the following sequences: (a) Pseudocontinuous ASL (pCASL), (b) The HCP tfMRI motor strip mapping sequence, (c) The HCP tfMRI language sequence, (d) A Susceptibility Weighted Imaging (SWI) sequence. PET imaging will also be used.
- Clinical: A number of measures unique to the AD study will be collected for cognition, sleep, spasticity, gene mutations and genotyping, acculturation scale, and other health measures.
- Behavioral: In addition to the NIH Toolbox and non-NIH Toolbox measures in the HCP LifeSpan protocol, a number of behavioral measures will be implemented, such as cognitive, sleep, spasticity, genotyping, and acculturation scale.
The study includes 200 participants between the ages of 18 and 80 years old, primarily of Mexican descent. Control participants will be either persons at-risk for autosomal dominant Alzheimer’s disease mutations who are negative on genetic testing, or participants who are cognitively normal elderly persons of Mexican descent.
Data Release Plans
- The first data release includes 14 participants.
- The second data release includes 76 participants.
- The third data release includes 138 participants.
- The fourth data release includes 200 participants.
Alzheimer's Disease; APP gene; autosomal dominant mutation; Dementia; Mexican; Nerve Degeneration